My gosh, it’s already April!
And I’m surprised?!
It comes the same time every year!
It just seems that it came earlier this time and May is just around the corner. As a teacher, I look forward to May because the end of school is just in sight. But as a music teacher, I have a little different perspective. “Just a few more weeks please, I need a little more time.” You see, it’s performance season for me and time is so limited.
But it’s not just the education venue. No. The rat race of life spins and spins and is a respecter of no one. Come on. I know you feel it too because I hear it everywhere I go….and these days I go a lot! Event after event, meetings, be here, be there, do that, answer that, get here, get there, did I pay that?, what’s due?, what’s next? Where did I put that? Where’s my keys? Purse? Phone? What materials do I need for this? Am I forgetting anything? What’s for supper…cook or eat out?
As I look at my three different calendars I realize that I haven’t had a chance to merge them into one. A sure cause for calamity!
The clocks minute hand seems to be ticking a much quicker steady beat these days as I wonder, “Where has the time gone!” Things move so fast. It is as a blur.
Meetings are called, and then called again…only to meet about meeting again! (sounds like the lyrics of a song to me)
The cry for “coming apart before I come apart” seems to be resonating louder every day. The last few nights, it has haunted my dreams. I dream of rushing to get somewhere. Last night, I dreamed that the driver of the car I was riding in couldn’t wait to pull out of the parking lot while I was trying to get in and close the car door. I kept screaming…Wait! Stop! Wait…give me time….You’re gonna rip off my foot! Yep, a nightmare!
I was a little distraught this morning by my dream because it was interrupting a quiet moment that I believe the Lord was using to help me write this blog. I guess I’m so busy during the day, He has to speak while I’m at rest….sleeping. The Lord often awakens me with things He needs to tell me.
A dear friend once warned me about filling the margins of my life. It doesn’t leave time or space for unexpected moments of delight or rest. She said, as an example, to read a paragraph with no punctuation marks. Without taking time to pause, everything runs together and looses meaning. I think life is the same way.
Taking moments in life for “pause” is not a new idea, and we all know the value and importance it plays in our life. Still, many of us have not disciplined ourselves of this necessity! How long has it been since you have heard the sound of silence? Be still before Him. Let Him quiet you by His love. Zeph. 3:17
Why do you think Jesus said to go into your closet to pray?
I think it is to help us stay focused and eliminate distractions. He wants to commune with all of me…to have my undivided attention.
Why do you think Moses went unto the mountain for 40 days?
Deut. 10:10 and Ex. 34:28
I believe it was to get away from the distractions of the world and hear from God.
Even Jesus took himself away. All for preparation to fulfill the Father’s will.
Luke 22: 39-46 and Matthew 4:1-11
- Take time to SHUT IT DOWN! You might need to take a technology fast! I did that for a few hours the other day and WOW! You will have to experience it for yourself! I can’t say enough about how freeing it was for me.
- Take time to visit with God. I mean, really visit and meditate on His word! Sit in silence before Him. If you find yourself getting distracted, write down your distraction. There will come a point when all distractions depart. If you need something to get you started, I recommend that you sit under a tree and read and meditate on Psalm 1.
- Take a moment to pray for Kathy and I as we attempt to pull away together to seek Gods will and direction for Restore (our time together is very limited). We both feel Him moving us toward a direction but need more clarity and conformation. We want to better serve our Lord and in doing so, serve you more creatively and passionately.
“Therefore be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
making the most of your time, because the days are evil.”
Ephesians 5:15-16 NASB
I hope you understand that I am being open and speak with an honest heart. We all sometimes need reminding to stop and get our priorities in check! It seems like a daily event for me!
Intentionally Taking Some Time...for me, the Lord, and to better serve you.
With a heart of love,
- Instantly a box will appear for you to type in the security letters as you see them and press "submit." It will tell you that you need to go to your email inbox and click the link to verify/activate. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE NEXT STEP TO RECEIVE THE BLOG!
- Open your email. You should have mail from Google Feed Burner. LOOK IN YOUR JUNK EMAIL IF YOU CANNOT FIND IT!
- Click the link and immediately you will see a message pop up that says "Thanks for Subscribing..." YOU ARE DONE!!!
- If you have trouble, please contact us using "CONTACT US" in the menu bar or email us at email@example.com