On a side note:
- Just this week I was introduced to a new way of sending audio texts. An app called Voxer. Now people can hear my messages! But you have to be "connected" with them by "friending" them. Glad I'm "friended by God" so I can hear His messages!
- I was asked to do a "reading" at church. I have been told that God has gifted me with a "certain" timbre that is pleasant to hear. The sound of my voice blessed others as I spoke the Word of God.
- Someone approached me to days ago about "hearing the voice of God!" Funny that I was writing this at the time.
"Like the eyes are the window to the soul, the voice is the doorway to discovering authentic emotion."
~ S. Barron
Emotions declare the attitude of the heart.
An attitude is the way you think or feel about something.
When teaching my students about the their voice,
I always use this little chant:
Talk, Sing, Whisper, Shout!
That's what my voice is all about!
- We should Talk with one another - Malachi 3: 16,17
- Sing and make melody in our heart. - Eph. 5:19
- God uses a Whisper - 1 Kings 19:12
- Shout to the Lord! - Ps. 45, 95, 98: 4-9
He uses His voice for me!
- He sings over us! Zeph. 3:17
- He speaks prayers about us! Rom. 8:26,27
- He whispers to us! Still small voice - 1 Kings 19:12
- He shouts! Ps. 47:5
Interesting that the Bible is the WORD - and He is the WORD.
WORDS are for communication. He longs for us to "commune"
with Him...to communicate. It's a 2 way street!
"Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." James 4:8
The voice reveals much!
I believe speaking aloud is not so much for His benefit, but for ours! He knows everything already, anyway!
Consider Psalm 5: 1-3
1 O Lord, hear me as I pray;
pay attention to my groaning.
2 Listen to (the voice of) my cry for help, my King and my God,
for I pray to no one but you.
3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
- We hear our own voice - in it's inflection, our heart attitude is revealed. Listen to the sound of your own voice when you pray. What words are stressed? Do you praise Him with excitement for who He is? Do you pray passionately? James 5:16b ...the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Fervent is defined as having or displaying a passionate intensity. Hopefully you discover that your prayers are NOT just lip service.
- It helps us commit our words into action when we hear them spoken.
John 10:27 Amplified Bible
One song that keeps coming to my mind is "Softly and Tenderly Jesus is calling..." please take 5 minutes to listen to this beautiful hymn sung by a person unknown to me. When looking for lyrics to insert into this blog, I came across this YouTube video. It is anointed! We all know that our days are numbered and only what is done for Christ will last. I plead with you to listen carefully for and to His voice! Don't hesitate...Obey what he asks of you. Someone's soul could be in the balance. Someone may need an encouraging word, a tender touch, a word of wisdom, a warning, a simple hug or a phone call...perhaps someone needs to hear the timbre of your voice! Maybe God wants to use you to be His mouthpiece to deliver a message!
Time is clicking by.
Jesus is Calling.
He calls us to a response.
What is your decision?
How long has it been since He heard your voice?
How long since you heard His?
Watch and listen to these beautiful words written by Will. L. Thompson.
- Instantly a box will appear for you to type in the Goofy letters as you see them and hit "submit." It will tell you that you need to go to your email inbox and click the link to verify/activate.
- Open your email. You should have mail from Google Feed Burner.
- Click the link given and immediately you will see a message pop up that says "Thanks for Subscribing..." YOU ARE DONE!!!